Camping is a unique way to get a little closer to nature. If you wish to disconnect for a few days of the city, camping is a great experience for you. Because of being in a less controlled environment it is necessary to be preventive and know the basic security measures for camping. In this guide, we will give you some tips so that you can plan your trip without taking any risks.
- In many countries there are specially prepared camping areas that offer a lot of services. In other nations there is less control over the subject. So, it is very important to be preventive.
- Install the tent on as flat a ground as possible and never on surfaces that could collapse like trees, mangroves, etc. It is also important that your store is prudently away from the sea or the river bank.
- Take into account the wind when you are installing the tent. If it is an area where there is too much breeze you must raise your camp against the wind to protect it and prevent it from dragging the tent.
- Simple but effective way to avoid accidents, is not making bonfires. It is much better to carry a portable gas stove than to start a fire, as it could get out of control or be left unlit and cause a fire.
- If you decide to make a fire at least try to be away from the shops, because a spark could be the beginning of a fire. Again the recommendation is to avoid them
- Always carry with you a first aid kit with the essentials. In addition to a mobile phone with a charged battery keep a compass, a GPS and a map of the area where you find the nearest villages marked.
- Stay in groups and avoid exploring alone if you do not know the area where you go camping, if you do remember to take methods to guide you to return safely to the place of the camp.
- Always carry enough non-perishable food such as canned food as well as plenty of water to stay properly hydrated. It is also advisable to consult the weather forecast for the days on which you plan to camp.
- Do not camp in forbidden places, because you could gain an unpleasant experience. The zones established for camping have a minimum supervision of the authorities and in theory these are safe spaces. For that reason it is best to respect the norms and to limit to these areas.
- Never leave the city to camp without telling a family or friend. Tell them where you are going, at what point you plan to camp and when you are planning your return.Tips
Following these simple safety rules will allow you to enjoy your trip without risk.